Monday, July 20, 2009

Feelin' Groovy

So my last blog was about how last week was a frustrating week. Surprise, surprise, feeling pretty awesome about everything this week. In fact, I def need to move foward with my "This to shall pass" tattoo I've been contemplating. Every down I have seems to lead to an amazing realization about my life/future/purpose and every realization is inevitably followed by another obstacle that will also inevitably lead to something else great.

I had a great weekend filled with music, photography and friends and I found some clarity when I least expected it! I don't know if I have mention this but I am in the middle of a 7 week chakra series. Last Wednesday we worked on the 3rd chakra (one that for me may be slightly over active) and all week I have been overly aware of people egos. Actually, I saw mine creep in and I didn't like it... old patterns, at least I was aware this time.

It all happened Saturday, I did my volunteering with the elderly in the morning and after I went to get a tripod. My plan was to get on one of the argosy ferries with my head phones on and camera in tow and get some amazing shots of the city on a beautiful summer day. While i was driving home I was listening to music and out of no where I came up with an amazing concept for a dance (Nia) class. It's all about music.

Before I go further I should explain why this is significant. So a few weeks ago I came up with this concept I am calling (for now) "Dancing through the Divine". It is a blend of sitting meditation, music, and dance as a means to help people conceive of their highest creative potential. Basically a means by which students can be "possessed by" the creative force while still being aware. This makes them the witness and the experiencer at the same time. Pretty cool. Anyway, I know this is a great idea but I had spent the last week struggling with doubt and could think of a means to implement it and get people to come. I finally decided that I need to do a slow methodical approach to it and start by teaching Nia instead of just jumping right away into my old thing... It was something I basically knew I was going to do before I even took a Nia class but I wasn't sure how or when it would materialize. Anyway, I realized that I can use Nia as a 1st step to my concept and I spent the day making playlists for my Nia classes which I am not even certified to teach! Crazy. My classes are going to be ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC. I am going to try something a little different. It's starts with each class having a theme (Love, Joy, Creativity, Fear, Sexiness, Death, The Fool (archetype), ect). So obviously the music will center around theme BUT, in this case, the music actually created the theme! I'm not sure what I mean by that other than to say that music has played a HUGE roll in my transformation over the past year. I wouldn't say that I am clairaudient but I definitely hear "messages/validations/answers" in song lyrics. This weekend I realized that this music needs to be integrated into my class. It is somewhat of a bold step I think tho because a lot of it isn't your typical dance music (well, it is for me!). I guess a lot of it falls in the indie rock category. It really is music that moves me tho, mentally and physically. It's prob not going to appeal to everyone, and that's ok, but I think that those are on my wavelength (whatever that means) will def love it... i think... Anyway, the point of this story is that I didn't do on the argosy tour instead I went to the water (fremont canal) with my headphones, a notebook, and my dog and when i walked back I was overcome with a new sense of confidence in where I am headed... in short, i think my 3rd chakra was a little brighter....which for me was prob a bad thing :)

So after that I went my friends for a BBQ and starting drinking some yummy wine and having fun. Having a little dance party in the back yard, ect then at about 8, I headed over with a pretty nice buzz to my other friends for my monthly girls poker night. It was there that I felt my 3rd chakra rear it's ugly head. It wasn't big deal but in hindsight it bothered me a bit. I was just feeling really jolly and lighthearted and I was cracking a few jokes but in hindsight I realized that my "jokes" were not funny, at least to the person I was making them towards. My friend monica's place is always totally neat and this time it was kind of messy when i arrived so I said "Damn, you let you place do to shit"... Obviously I was joking and I had no malintent with this comment but i think it hurt her feeling or something a little... Anyway, I realized that regardless if I was joking it wasn't very nice, ect and I shouldn't be making jokes at the expense of others... It's a small thing but later that night i just kept think about why where is came from because I have been trying to let go of some of my sarcastic tendencies. I decide what it had something to do with my 3rd chakra and that maybe my renewed sense of confidence in myself went a bit to my head and I reverted slightly back into the person I used to be. Basically that i can say whatever I want and if people can't take a joke then it's their problem...

Anyway, this is kind of a random rambling post with too many little stories wrapped up in 1 so I will summarize this post here:

Lynn is feeling great about where things are headed but I need to stay balanced and not let my renewed sense of confidence go to my head and fuel my 3rd chakra in a negative way...

Next up, heart chakra, this one is gonna be a dosie! uggg...

No comments:

Post a Comment